TOP 5 INSTAGRAM ACCOUNTS TO FOLLOW FOR FITSPO
Following health and fitness accounts on Instagram helps me stay motivated and creative. Following these individuals has kept me actively learning new ways to stay healthy. The content posted on these accounts vary from workouts, healthy meals to self-care routines. Check out these pages when you’re looking to find unique workouts, boost your motivation or keep from making unhealthy choices.
- Massy Arias – I’ve followed her page for about 2 years now and she never disappoints. Her ability to smile and stay upbeat in workouts is super inspiring. It was also motivating to see her share her post pregnancy routines too. I love that she caters to Spanish speakers as well.
2. Katie Austin – When I first started working out, I used to do Pilates in the comfort of my own home to a DVD by Denise Austin. After a few years of weight training in the gym, I found Katie’s page, Denise’s daughter. It’s insane how much they look-alike, sound alike and even workout alike. I love her dynamic approach to Pilates and weights.
3. Kayla Itsines – When I first saw one of her workout videos, I thought she was a robot. Her physique is out of this world. She posts amazing before and after pics of her clients, clean snacks and her workout routines. She also has launched an app that can be a useful tool when looking to live a healthier lifestyle.
4. Sophia Aguiar – A full-time professional dancer, she is total GOALS! Sophia posts not only her dance routines but also posts daily workouts in her stories. She has them saved (which I love for reference later). Her weapon of choice: Resistance Bands! She offers tips like: working out at home with the heat on to get a good sweat going!
5. Gym Alpha – This page screams MOTIVATION! It’s not an individual but rather a page of amazing women working out. There is an array of body types doing all kinds of physical activity. This page does an amazing job of sharing workouts while celebrating women of all shapes and sizes.
Remember: “Always have a goal, but never compare yourself to someone else.”