Words with Marsha of Sequin Tree Dwellings :
1. What inspired you build such a unique Airbnb like Seguin Tree Dwellings?
We walked the land and climbed the trees, and realized that we had to build something up in the trees to capture that magical view for others.
2. Did you ever feel discouraged at any time during the building process?
As you can imagine, we had to cut through a lot of red tape to build such unique dwellings. But we’re glad we pushed through.
3. What are your hopes and goals for the future?
We are building a unique Gathering Space In the Trees, which will look out over the marsh land and the river. We will host events, weddings, artist in residence programs. It will be available for booking in Spring 2020.
4. Is there a book or quote that motivates/inspires you?
We love the great American nature writers, such as Henry David Thoreau, Annie Dillard, and Robin Wall Kimmerer. We often have Thoreau’s from Walden words in our mind: “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear…”
5. What does a typical day for you look like?
We of the Seguin Tree Dwellings all wear a number of different hats: we are builders, professors, photographers, parents. So no two days are alike. We love sitting down with a yellow pad and sketching up our next dream projects.
6. What advice would you give someone wanting to become an Airbnb host or real estate investor?
Build something beautiful. Bringing beauty into the world is one of highest callings and the greatest joys.